Extinction Rebellion Malvern
XR Malvern’s main meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month (currently online) and our working group meeting is usually on the 4th Thursday of each month. New members always welcome at any of these!
This website is home to Extinction Rebellion campaigns relating to Malvern, Worcestershire (and the rest of the world!). Our demands are that government (in all its forms) Tell The Truth about the climate and ecological emergency, Act Now to address climate change and biodiversity loss and move Beyond Politics to create a Citizen’s Assembly to lead the way to climate and ecological justice.
- XR Malvern G7 Vigil and stall for the EarthWhile many of the Extinction Rebellion Malvern rebels travelled to Cornwall for the G7 summit, those in Malvern held a vigil for the Earth, and adjacent to that, our stall was filled with many free gifts that had been generously donated. The block printing went down well. We connected with XR rebels from London and […]
- XR Worcestershire Groups at County HallExtinction Rebellion members greeted the newly-elected Worcestershire County Council councillors as they arrived at County Hall. Waving banners and flags, we stood along the car park entrances and handed leaflets calling for the council to declare a climate emergency. Suzanne Savage, speaking for the group, said: “By 2050 we will be facing extreme heatwaves, wildfires, […]
- Rebellion of OneThe three activists joined more than 200 others across the UK, on Saturday 24th April, to block traffic and draw attention to lack of government action on the climate and ecological emergency. Protesters blocked City Walls Road and The Cross in Worcester while a third blocked a main road in Barnard’s Green, near Malvern. “This […]
- Malvern Outreach StallFollowing a long absence during COVID lockdown, on 24th April we once again held our Malvern XR stall opposite the Post Office at the top of Church Street. We offered a wide range of free gifts including plants, seeds, jam, craft items, homemade cake and secondhand books. Lovely sunny weather ensured that we were visited by a steady […]
- Vigil for Earth DayThe Earth Vigil on Thursday 22nd April was beautiful event, with rebels from the area coming together peacefully and joyfully to reconnect with the earth and with each other, from 8am to 8pm. Our new banner made its first public appearance. We welcomed faces we haven’t been able to actually see due to covid and […]
- Climate Crime SceneExtinction Rebellion groups in Worcestershire performed a “climate crime scene” as street theatre in the centre of Worcester on Saturday 17th April, to highlight that Worcestershire County Council is putting future generations at risk due to their lack of action on the Climate and Ecological Emergency. The “crime scene” featured a faceless councillor stamping bits […]
- Local Rebel’s Experience of ArrestLast week I received a six month conditional discharge following my arrest in Parliament Square on 1st September last year. The reasons that I chose to risk arrest are set out in the statement I sent to the court (below). After sitting in the road peacefully for several hours, I was carried off to Brixton […]
- Motivational climate conversationsAs we begin to win the argument for the truth, surveys show that in many countries, including the UK, majorities see climate change as a threat. But there can seem to be a lack of urgency in the public response. In his latest book The New Climate War, Michael E Mann says we are fighting […]